At Christchurch School of Music we strongly believe that playing an instrument has many benefits and can bring a great deal of joy to the performer and the listener. So we’ve decided to offer the chance for one lucky Cantabrian to win a YEAR’S WORTH OF LESSONS in the instrument of their choice, plus FREE instrument hire for the year*.
Valued at over $1,500 – all you have to do is fill in the form below and tell us why you, or someone you know, deserves this prize.
Studies continue to prove what those involved with music know through experience : participating in musical activities whether playing an instrument, singing or listening has many positive effects on the brain as well as a student’s health and well-being. Numerous studies have found a strong link between music learning and academic success.
Some of the proven benefits include:
1) Increased memory capacity
2) Improved language ability
3) Increased empathy
4) Improved self-confidence
5) Increased attention span and focus
7) Improved health including delayed onset of dementia
CSM offers a range of lesson options to suit the needs of our students, young and old. If you are unsure of the best option for you or your nominee, feel free to contact our office for assistance!
The right time to start learning an instrument depends on the person. Physical development, maturity, coordination and concentration are all important factors in making the right decision. Some of these factors can be overcome by the sheer will to learn, but it is important that you learn on an instrument that is the right size. Many instruments are available in small sizes or lightweight materials so that keen students can start learning earlier.
*Terms and Conditions:
• This prize entitles the student to a 30-minute lesson for 34 weeks valued at $1260.
• There will also be free instrument hire valued between $220 and $280 a year.
• The instruments we have available for hire are violin, viola, cello, double bass, flute, clarinet, oboe, bassoon, trumpet, trombone and french horn.
• If you want to learn guitar, recorder, percussion or piano there is no instrument hire available
• The successful student will need to learn from the Christchurch School of Music for the full year – July 2020- July 2021